Sometimes you may have to remove some company files from your account because,
- While evaluating SmartVault you added a test company file to the account and consumed a license.
- You may have inadvertently added a company file that is not the most current company file.
- You didn't realize you were adding the company file, and you really didn't want to add it.
- You need to make room for additional company files.
Remove company files and free up licenses in your account. To remove a company file from the account, you must have either Vault Manager or Administrative privileges.
To remove a QuickBooks company file from SmartVault:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Client portal.
- Select the account that contains the QuickBooks company file you want to remove from SmartVault, and then browse to the vault that contains the QuickBooks company file you want to remove.
- In the Application folder, expand QuickBooks and then select the QuickBooks company file you want to remove.
- In the right task pane, click Delete Company.
- Review the confirmation message, and then click OK.
You can remove a QuickBooks company file from SmartVault when you no longer want to perform the following actions:
- Attach documents to QuickBooks entries using the SmartVault Toolbar
- View documents and notes associated with QuickBooks entries
- Share documents attached to QuickBooks entries with others
- Back up or restore a QuickBooks company file using SmartVault
Important: When you remove a QuickBooks company file from SmartVault, all documents, notes, and backups associated with the QuickBooks company file are deleted from SmartVault.
You can follow this procedure for QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Xero, FreshBooks, Method CRM, Results CRM or any other object that consumes a company file license.
Company File Licenses If you're removing a company file to re-claim a company license, it may take up to a few hours to update the usage page before you can add a new company file to your account.