If you are using an older scanner, or you receive an error when attempting to automatically create the ScanSnap profiles, you may need to add them manually.
- Make sure your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner is connected to your local computer and turned on.
- Verify that the Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner and software is installed and working correctly.
–If you see the ScanSnap icon in your system tray, the ScanSnap software is installed. The following image shows how the ScanSnap software icon displays when properly installed.
| || || |
| || |
ScanSnap S 1300
–If you do not see a ScanSnap icon in your system tray, or if the icon has a red circle with a slash symbol, consult your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner documentation and verify your Fujitsu ScanSnap installation and configuration.
Disable Quick Menu:
Note: You must disable the Use Quick Menu option to use the profiles. Depending on your scanner there are different ways to ensure this is disabled. You will use one of these two ways to disable Quick Menu.
1. You will find this option by right-clicking the ScanSnap manager icon.
2. Make sure Use Quick Menu is unchecked as you see in the image.
- Right Click the system tray icon for the ScanSnap Manager and click Scan Button Settings...
- Uncheck the box that says Use Quick Menu.
Note: SmartVault uses two ScanSnap Profiles, the Inbox and the Toolbar. These steps will show you how to configure either one of these profiles.
To configure both profiles follow all the steps in this section for either the SmartVault Toolbar or the SmartVault Inbox, and then repeat again from step 1 of this section.
- Right-click the ScanSnap Manager system tray icon and choose Scan Button Settings...
- On the Application tab, click Add or Remove.
- Click Add.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to...
- Windows Vista/7/8: *C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartVault
XP: C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartVault\Fujitsu ScanSnap Profile Applications
*C: Denotes your system drive, this letter may be different if you have another drive letter assigned.
- Select SmartVault Inbox or SmartVault Toolbar App for ScanSnap, and then click Open.
- In the Application Name field, type "SmartVault Inbox" or "SmartVault Toolbar" depending on which you are configuring, and then click OK.
- Click Close.
- a. If you are using a ScanSnap S300, S500, or S510 scanner, click Add Profile.
b. If you are using a ScanSnap S1100, S1300 IX500 or S1500 scanner, select the Profile pull down box, and select Add Profile.
- In the New Profile name field, type "SmartVault Inbox" or "SmartVault Toolbar" ,depending on which you are configuring, and then click OK.
- Under Application, select SmartVault Inbox or SmartVault Toolbar from the drop-down list, and then click OK to save your changes.
- In your system tray, left-click the ScanSnap icon, verify that SmartVault Inbox or SmartVault Toolbar displays in the list of profiles, and then select that icon to make it the active profile.
- After you have created a SmartVault profile on your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner, you can begin using your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner to scan documents directly ito your QuickBooks transactions, or into folders in your SmartVault account using the Inbox.