Error: The QuickBooks SDK has failed to register the SmartVault user interface extension.
This issue occurs when there is a communication problem, or more technically, a registration problem, between SmartVault and QuickBooks. In order for SmartVault and QuickBooks to communicate, QuickBooks requires that SmartVault write a specific file to the ProgramFiles>IntuitQB>Version>Components>RegisteredUI folder on your computer. However, this error indicates that SmartVault cannot write this file to the folder because SmartVault does not have write permissions for this folder.
You may experience some or all of these symptoms:
- SmartVault Toolbar is not active (grayed out) when a QuickBooks entry is selected.
- SmartVault Toolbar displays only on the Home, Reports, and Snapshot pages in QuickBooks.
- SmartVault is not listed on the Company menu in QuickBooks.
- SmartVault Toolbar does not display in QuickBooks after installing the SmartVault Desktop software and adding a QuickBooks company file to SmartVault.
- SmartVault Toolbar doesn’t do anything when you click Sign in on the SmartVault Toolbar
This problem most often occurs when you perform the following actions:
- You install SmartVault on a Windows 7 computer where QuickBooks 2011 is installed and User Account Controls (UAC) are set to med-high or high.
- You install SmartVault on a Windows Vista computer where QuickBooks 2011 is installed and UAC is enabled.
- You have upgraded an existing installation of QuickBooks with SmartVault to the latest QuickBooks version in a different directory on a Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 computer.
- You have updated the QuickBooks SDK as a result of a QuickBooks update on a Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 computer.