Manually run the Fix QuickBooks Registration utility from the SmartVault system tray.
This fix will automatically take the necessary steps to add the registration file to the correct location.
Must be local administrator and ensure that if you're on a hosted or shared server all other SmartVault users are not connected.
Run the Fix QuickBooks Registration tool in SmartVault by completing the following steps:
- In the bottom right-hand corner of your computer desktop (in the notification area by your clock) click on the up arrow pointing upward and Right-Click on the SmartVault keyhole icon.
- Click Actions ► Fix QuickBooks Registration.
- If Windows displays an “Allow this application to make changes” message, click Yes or OK.
- The verification message “Your computer is ready for use” should display.
- After the verification message displays, complete the following steps:
- Click Start ► Programs ► SmartVault ► SmartVault Launchpad, and then sign in to SmartVault.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
- Answer security question (if prompted) about allowing SmartVault to run.
The SmartVault Toolbar should now display in QuickBooks.