Release Date: March 23rd, 2017
The following changes were made in the SmartVault for Windows Desktop Client:
ProConnect no longer freezes if SmartVault is already running when Lacerte 2016 is launched.
You will see a pop-up window or a system tray reminder telling you, "Action Required: log in to ProConnect..."
- Simply login in to ProConnect and open Lacerte 2016.
- You no longer have to log in to ProConnect and authenticate before logging in to SmartVault to prevent a program freeze or system lockup.
- If you are already logged in to SmartVault, simply re-authenticate in ProConnect and continue.
- You do not need to quit and restart SmartVault or Lacerte 2016.
The following changes were made in the SmartVault Dashboard:
Please Note: you may need to clear the cache of your web browser and reload the Dashboard to gain access to these new features.
A User Settings icon has been added to the top menu bar of the Dashboard.
- Clicking on the User Settings icon allows you to:
- Change settings just for your user.
- Sign out of the Dashboard.
- Download SmartVault applications for Windows, Windows programs, and mobile devices.
- Switch between SmartVault accounts (if you have access to more than one).
- The Account Settings icon remains, but it now displays settings pertaining to the SmartVault account and the account administrator only.
You can Sort files in the Files and Folders view by the following columns: Name, Size, and Date Modified.
- Folders can be sorted too, but only by Name and Date Modified.
- An highlighted upward or downward facing arrow before the column name indicates whether the files and folders are being sorted by:
- Name from A to Z (upward arrow) or Z to A (downward arrow)
- Size from smallest to largest (upward) or largest to smallest (downward)
- Date Modified from oldest to most recently modified (upward) or most recently modified to oldest (downward)
- Folders will always appear at the top of any view that contains files and folders. So, if sorting a vault's contents by Name from A to Z, the resulting sorting order would be:
You can now create Containers in the Files and Folders view by clicking on the icon.
- Containers can only be created at the Account level or within another Container .
- You cannot create a Container within a Vault or Folder .