This page contains information about the most recent SmartVault service updates and releases. For more information about previous SmartVault service updates and releases, see Previous Service Updates and Releases.
July 2015 SmartVault Service Updates
Release Date: July 29, 2015
This release includes features and bug fixes for customers on SmartVault plans for Intuit Lacerte and ProSeries Tax. Here's a summary of the features and fixes implemented in this release:
- Customers can now delete a locked file in SmartVault Connected Desktop. Only the user that locks the file can delete it and must do so from the device the file is originally locked on.
- We've fixed an issue where no content is displayed in the Connected Desktop window.
- We've addressed an issue with the Import Data feature where selected CSV file data does not appear in the dialog box for import.
Release Date: July 22, 2015
This release includes some new features and several bug fixes for customers on SmartVault plans for Intuit Lacerte and ProSeries Tax. Here’s a summary of the features and fixes implemented in this release:
- File locking is now available on tax-enabled accounts.
- The Clients List in the SmartVault Dashboard now supports searching by last name for individual clients and by company name for businesses.
- The Email Template editor warns customers that all changes to a template will be lost when using the Revert to default button. Customers can now also cancel unsaved changes to an email template with the Cancel button.
- To better clarify the purpose of this action, Close Vault has been changed to display Delete Vault in the SmartVault Portal.
- Customers can choose to make the Public Documents folder inaccessible to tax clients.
File locking is now available on tax-enabled accounts:
When you open a file in the Connected Desktop, SmartVault automatically locks this file and alerts any other users that you’re currently working on the file and the file is locked for editing. The file automatically unlocks when you close the file, and other users can once again work on the file. File locks will exist for a maximum of 7 days if the file remains open, so a file can never accidentally be locked indefinitely.
The following bugs were fixed with this release:
- The Activity Log now shows entries dated before 6/8/2015.
- The SmartVault Dashboard again links back to the SmartVault Portal in the menu header icon.
- Customers will now receive an error message when trying to invite tax clients with email addresses that contain invalid characters.
- We’ve corrected an error that prevented emails from being sent when SmartVault finishes applying a template.
- We’ve fixed a bug preventing customers from moving the Tax Engagement folder structure to another vault or folder in the Folder Template editor.
- When renaming a folder or adding a new folder to a Folder Template, customers are now prevented from entering a duplicate folder name.
- When deleting a folder in a Folder Template, all subfolders below that folder will also be deleted.
- When deleting a folder in a Folder Template, any stored associations—such as the type of tax return automatically sent to the folder—are now deleted as well.
- When cloning an existing template, a number is now added to the template name to distinguish the clone from the original template. For example, the Default Intuit DMS Tax Template will be named Default Intuit DMS Tax Template (1) when cloned.
- The custom folder template wizard better handles when two folders have the same name in a customer’s DMS folder template.
- We’ve fixed an issue preventing other engagement types from displaying when viewing Client Engagements the SmartVault Dashboard.
- Typos have been corrected in the Email Template editor UI.
Release Date: July 2, 2015
This release includes an important fix for our DMS Migration Wizard and Import tool for customers on SmartVault plans for Intuit Lacerte and ProSeries Tax.
- We've fixed an issue where some DMS clients would never appear in the list of clients to import. Any DMS clients that cannot be processed by an import are now logged as unable to be migrated, and the migration continues normally until finished.