Before enjoying the document management and storage benefits of SmartVault Local, you'll need to sign up for an account at our website, activate your account, and download/install our desktop software.
If you received the email invitation, you already have a SmartVault login (your email address); simply use that same email address when signing up for SmartVault Local.
If you do not have an account with us (or would like to use a different email address), click here to create your SmartVault account.
Downloading and Installing the Desktop Software
- Open the downloaded file to start the SmartVault Install Wizard.
- Save the file as you would any other application and follow the installation wizard.
- After the install is complete, locate the SmartVault Launchpad icon on your desktop and double-click to open.
- When prompted, enter your email address and password in the login pop-up at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- Press Enter to sign in.
- When you finish signing in, the Launchpad opens and you should receive one or more additional windows depending on the Intuit software you have installed. Click Grant to allow SmartVault access to your installed Intuit programs.
Note: If you have any issues with granting SmartVault access to your tax application, see this article to manually grant access to SmartVault.
- The Getting Started Wizard will open.
See Getting Started with SmartVault Local for information on the Getting Started Wizard.