We understand the need to attach documents to online accounting applications in addition to QuickBooks Desktop.
This article explains how to install the SmartVault web browser toolbar. You can install it for the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox. The toolbar is not compatible with Safari or Internet Explorer 11.
For QuickBooks, FreshBooks, and Xero click here to download the browser extension.
For QuickBooks Desktop integration steps, click here.
Considerations Please Read Below
You can only use the browser toolbar if you have a user or client license and have access to the company file in the SmartVault account
You can only add a company file to a SmartVault account if you are a Vault Manager or an Account Administrator
1. Login to the client portal (https://my.smartvault.com) and on the right side of the screen under SmartVault Apps for, select the web application you are going to use with SmartVault (FreshBooks, Xero, or Quickbooks Online).
2. From this page, select the browser to use the SmartVault toolbar with. You can install it on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer depending on your preference. If you are using Xero, install the toolbar using Google Chrome or Firefox because it will not work with Internet Explorer.
3. Once you select the browser you want to use with the SmartVault toolbar, install it, and login to the application website that you wanted to integrate with your SmartVault account. For example, if you are using Quickbooks Online, login to your Quickbooks Online account; if you are using Xero, login to your Xero account, etc. Select a transaction such as a bill, or a vendor and the SmartVault toolbar will pop up on the right side of the screen.
4. Click on the toolbar and a window will pop up and have you sign in to the SmartVault account that you want to integrate the Quickbooks Online/Xero/Freshbooks company with.
5. Once you sign in, a prompt will pop up asking you if you want to allow this application to access your SmartVault account. Select Allow and refresh the page.
6. Once the page is refreshed, the SmartVault toolbar will have a folder on it with a plus sign. Click on that, and a wizard will walk you through finalizing the integration.
7. Once you hit Next, the integration wizard will make you pick a name for the company, and also make you select a vault to store the documents in. Once you select a vault to store the documents in, you can now use the toolbar to attach documents to the transactions in that company file.
8. For information on how to use the SmartVault browser toolbar, visit this article.