SmartVault searches for the search string in the document title, document description and document content (see considerations below).
You can search for documents uploaded into vaults and folders in the SmartVault Portal by searching the Drive using the following items:
- By document name
- By one or more words in the document name
- By file extension, such as doc, jpg or pdf
- By one or more words in the document Description field
The Windows search function can browse your SmartVault account, just like any other folder on your computer.
- Indexing does not affect your search results in Windows search as it does in the SmartVault Portal.
- OCR Searching is not supported or was not working at the time this article was written.
- Windows Search is based on the operating system and may or may not support all searching capabilities on a network's resource such as SmartVault.