If you have a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner, you can use it to scan documents directly to the SmartVault Toolbar, the SmartVault Inbox, or the Connected Desktop with the push of a button.
You must install the ScanSnap software.
You will continually receive this error if your ScanSnap software is not installed.
Have your SmartVault Desktop client installed and working.
We support ScanSnap models S300, S1300, S1500, iX 500
If you are using an older scanner, or you receive an error when attempting to automatically create the ScanSnap profiles, use this article to create the SmartVault ScanSnap profiles manually.
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad and sign in if prompted.
- Click the Fujitsu ScanSnap Setup link in the Launchpad.
- In the ScanSnap integraton dialog, click the Create Profiles button.
- Click Close.
Create full-text searchable PDF files when scanning
You can enable Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities for your SmartVault Inbox profile and your SmartVault Toolbar profile with the following steps:
Note: If you enable OCR capabilities for the SmartVault Inbox and SmartVault Toolbar profile, scanning typically takes longer.
- Right click on the ScanSnap icon in the system tray of your computer desktop.
- Click Scan Button Settings.
- On the File option tab, in the Select OCR area, select the Convert to Searchable PDF check box.
- Click OK to confirm that you understand extra time is needed to process the scan and perform text recognition functions.
- In the OCR options area, select All pages, and then click OK.
- Click Yes to save the new settings for the profile.