To use SmartVault for Intuit® Lacerte® or SmartVault for Intuit® ProSeries®, you need a SmartVault account configured to work with the Intuit Tax product and you need the SmartVault desktop software installed on your computer with Lacerte or ProSeries. To start this process, you may have clicked a link within Lacerte or ProSeries, or you may have received a link from your SmartVault sales or support representative.
If you are an existing SmartVault customer and you want to use the Lacerte or ProSeries integration, contact SmartVault Support (email@example.com).
After you complete this how-to, you can configure and use SmartVault for Intuit Lacerte or SmartVault for Intuit ProSeries.
Steps to Make Sure You Activated Your SmartVault User ID
- Open the SmartVault client portal (https://my.smartvault.com).
- If you are already signed in the client portal, click Sign Out.
- Specify your email address and password, and then click Sign In. If you successfully sign in to the client portal, your user ID has been activated.
If you cannot sign in to the portal, your user ID may not have been activated. Click the Having trouble signing in link. SmartVault will resend you an email with a link to activate your user ID. Open the email from SmartVault and follow the instructions to activate your user ID.
Steps to Make Sure the SmartVault Desktop Software Is Installed
- If you accepted all the defaults during the installation process, the SmartVault Launchpad icon should be on your desktop.
- If you do not see the SmartVault Launchpad icon, or if you cannot open the SmartVault Launchpad, open the SmartVault client portal and click Microsoft Windows under SmartVault Apps for in the right column of the SmartVault client portal. Then, follow the instructions to download and install the SmartVault desktop software.
Once your user ID is activated and you have the SmartVault desktop software installed, you can configure and use SmartVault for Intuit Lacerte or SmartVault for Intuit ProSeries. If you run into issues, contact SmartVault Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).