Your accountant has partnered with SmartVault to give you a secure way to share files. Your accountant has created your own vault, or folder, where they store your various tax documents. You can upload tax-related documents such as your W-2 to this folder.
Note: In order to access SmartVault, you must have your account administrator invite you (usually as a guest). If you have not received this invitation email, reach out to your account administrator and ask them to invite you. For more information, see Getting Started as a Guest.
Uploading Files for Your Accountant
1. Go to my.smartvault.com.
2. Enter your email address and password you used to activate your account.
3. Click Sign In.
4. Navigate to the folder where you would like to upload your files.
2. Click on the Client Source Documents folder.
3. Click browse to browse for the file or drag and drop it into the window.
4. Click Close. A confirmation message appears.
5. Click Dismiss.
That's it! Your accountant will automatically be notified whenever files are uploaded to your folder, so you don't have to let them know.