August 2017 SmartVault Service Updates
Release Date: August 23rd, 2017
The following changes were made in the SmartVault Connected Desktop:
Dragging and dropping multiple 1MB or larger files from the Connected Desktop to Outlook
- Dragging and dropping now works as expected and should only be limited by the maximum attachment limitations set by your email server.
- Dragging and dropping should work from the Connected Desktop to any local email client (Outlook, Mail, Thunderbird, IncrediMail, etc.).
The following changes were made in the SmartVault Dashboard:
(These changes apply to ALL SmartVault Plans. SmartVault Business Plans, including Starter, Basic, Team, Pro, and ProAdvisor can access parts of the Dashboard by simply changing their default view in View Preferences - click here to learn how.)
Live Chat is now available within the Dashboard
(Please Note: you may need to clear the cache of your web browser and reload the Dashboard to gain access to this feature.)
- You can now get help via chat from within our Administrative Portal: the SmartVault Dashboard.
- Previously, live chat was only available through the company website (http://www.smartvault.com), but it is available in product and through our support website (https://support.smartvault.com).
Only files can be uploaded within the Dashboard
- Clarified error message that would appear if folders were dragged into the Files & Folder View within the Dashboard.
- Selecting multiple files and folders and dragging them into the Files & Folders View will result in the files being uploaded, but the folders and the files within those folders will be ignored.
Activity Log / Audit Reporting is only available in Pro Business Plans
- Corrected an error that would sometimes allow Starter and Team Business Plans to view the Activity Log while in the Dashboard.
- All Accountant Plans have access to Activity Logs and Audit Reporting by default.