For security and compliance, it is important to not only prevent unauthorized access to information, but to also be able to audit who has accessed sensitive documents. For example, you need to be able to know when someone uploaded, downloaded, deleted, or changed the properties of any document, or if someone changed access settings on a vault or folder.
If you have the appropriate SmartVault plan, you can view user activity for an account, vault, or folder on-demand using activity logs.
Activity logs allow you to see when the following actions occur:
- Someone uploaded, downloaded, deleted, or changed the properties of any document.
- Someone created or deleted a vault or folder.
- Someone restored a deleted folder or document.
- Someone was added to or removed from the SmartVault Administrators group.
- Someone was added to or removed from a vault-level group, such as the Vault Managers group or the Full Access group, using the Manage Group Members option.
- Someone was given access to or had their access removed from a vault or folder using the Share and Manage Access option.
When to use this feature?
When security, compliance, or being audit ready is important.
This feature is available in all SmartVault Tax and Accounting plans as well as the Professional 2013 and higher plans.
- Due to the amount of data an activity log produces,we recommend to have a successful Activity Log results, pull the data in 3 month chunks, rather than trying to pull an entire year's worth of data.