Email notifications let you know of all the activity within a particular folder or vault.
Notifications are an easy way for you to be notified of upload or download activity in a folder. Notifications let you know if someone has viewed, downloaded a document from, or uploaded a document to a specific folder.
Notifications improve your productivity because you don't have to follow up with the people with whom you share your folders. SmartVault Administrators and Vault Managers can specify that they want users, clients, and guests with access to a vault or folder to automatically receive notifications.
- Notifications contains who did the activity, the file name, and the date.
- You can configure notifications at the vault or folder (recommended) level.
- You can specify different notifications for each folder.
- You can also set the frequency of notifications: every 15 minutes, once a day, twice a day, or never.
- If there are multiple events occurring within the time you've set for your notification frequency, you'll receive a digest of the events.
How to Use Notifications
Many of our accounting and professional service customers rely extensively on this feature.
For example, they will simply upload a tax return to their client's folder and no longer worry about it. They'll be notified when the client has viewed it.
Conversely, they may request some supporting documents from their clients. They don't have to monitor the folder to see if the client has uploaded the documents or not, as they'll get a notification when the upload occurs.