With our award-winning SmartVault Toolbar that integrates with QuickBooks Desktop and Online, you can attach a document in your SmartVault Inbox to a QuickBooks entry.
For QuickBooks Desktop:
- Open your QuickBooks company file and navigate to the entry you want to attach your document to. For this tutorial, I'll use a bill from a vendor.
- Click the Attach icon at the top of the SmartVault Toolbar to access the Attach Document dialog. Click Inbox to select your document.
- Select your document and click Move.
- If the location of your document does not automatically appear, select Browse or click the black icons to move through the folders in your account.
- Now when you access the bill in QuickBooks, you'll notice the View Documents icon in the Toolbar has a 1 by it. This indicates the number of documents attached to the QuickBooks entry.
For a complete list of the QuickBooks Desktop transactions that support attaching documents, see Supported QuickBooks Desktop Transactions.
For QuickBooks Online:
- Open your QuickBooks company file and navigate to the entry you want to attach your document to.
- Click the Inbox icon on the SmartVault Browser Toolbar to access the Inbox folder for the company file.
- If the document is already in the Inbox, it will be visible. Click the Plus (+) icon next to the file you'd like to attach.
- If you were looking for a file in a different location, select Browse Folders and your folder directory will open up. Locate the folder your document is in and click Select Folder.
- Once you select the folder, you'll see the document(s) it contains. Click the Plus (+) icon next to a file you'd like to attach to the QuickBooks entry.
- Once the file is uploaded, and now whenever you access the transaction, you will see the folder document on the toolbar has a number badge icon that indicates the number of documents that are attached to the transaction.