Attach documents that are uploaded to the Inbox or other custom folder in SmartVault. These can be uploaded to these folders in a variety of ways by a variety of users, such as employees or clients. (This article applies to hosted QuickBooks as well as local)
- Scanned directly to the Inbox
- Copied into the folder using the SmartVault Drive
- Uploaded using the SmartVault Outlook plugin
- Uploaded using the SmartVault client portal
Regardless how the documents get there, you can attach them to the QuickBooks entries.
After completing this how-to, you will know how to process documents that are in the Inbox.
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad by clicking on the icon on your desktop.
- Login to SmartVault and In QuickBooks, ensure you have your SmartVault Toolbar to the right side of your window.
- Create or open an existing QuickBooks transaction to attach to.
- Click Attach (paperclip icon) in the Smartvault Toolbar.
- Click the Inbox button.
- By default, it will open the QuickBooks Inbox Folders tab associated with your company file. (You can choose to browse to a different folder in SmartVault)
- Select the document to attach and click Move.
- When you see a number greater than 0 under the folder icon, the document has been attached to the transaction.
If you don't have a toolbar, click here for a solution to resolve the issue.