You can attach documents to transactions using the SmartVault toolbar on your browser. Supported browsers include Chrome, IE, and Firebox.
Attaching a Document from Your Computer
Note: You can only use the browser toolbar if you have a user or client license on the SmartVault account.
1. After installing the SmartVault toolbar on your browser, it appears on the right side of the screen when you go to a transaction entry in Xero or Quickbooks Online.
2. Click the paperclip icon to access the Upload and Attach Documents window.
3. Drag and drop a file from your desktop directly to the window.
Note: You can also click Browse, and then locate the file you want to upload as well.
4. Once the file is uploaded, it appears in the box and the folder document on the toolbar will have a badge icon displaying the number of documents that are attached to that transaction.
5. If you click the folder, a window appears with the documents that are attached to that transaction. This confirms that the attachment was made successfully.
Attaching a Document Already in SmartVault
1. Click on the Inbox icon located on the toolbar. The Inbox folder for the company file displays. If the document you want to attach is in another location, click Browse Folders.
2. Click the plus icon for the file you want to attach. The file is moved to the transaction folder for the company file in SmartVault.
3. If you were looking for a file in a different location, click Browse Folders. Locate the folder your document is in and then click Select Folder.
4. Click the plus (+) icon for the files you want to attach to that transaction. The documents you select are moved to the correct transaction folder in SmartVault.