Activating Your Account
(screens may differ from below depending on SmartVault Plan)
Once you sign up for a trial at www.smartvault.com, you're brought to the SmartVault Portal. You'll walk through the steps listed in the Portal to finish your account setup.
- On reaching the initial welcome page, you must open your email application and find the SmartVault activation email.
- In the SmartVault activation email, you'll click on the link to continue your activation.
Note: If you have any trouble with receiving an activation email, see these tips for common solutions to problems you might encounter.
- On the page that opens, you'll enter your phone number and you'll create a password; your name and email is already entered for you.
- Password requirements: minimum of 12 characters and must contain at least one of the following: an upper case letter, a lower case letter, a number, a punctuation mark.
- Click Activate My User Id when you've entered the necessary information.
Note: Your user ID is automatically set as your email address. You'll use your email address and the password you set here to sign in to SmartVault later.
- On the next page, the SmartVault Desktop software should automatically download.