Install the SmartVault Desktop Software
Also applies to non-tax accounting plans (screens may differ from below)
To get the complete SmartVault experience, you'll now need to install the SmartVault Desktop software. The SmartVault Desktop includes the following SmartVault applications:
- SmartVault Connected Desktop;
- SmartVault Inbox;
- SmartVault Drive;
- and the Import Data Utility.
There are other aspects of the SmartVault Desktop, but these applications are what you'll use most. in this guide we'll specifically focus on the SmartVault installation process. You can always learn about other SmartVault applications by searching our support site at support.smartvault.com.
Download the SmartVaultSetup.exe File
- In the previous step, your browser should have automatically downloaded the SmartVault Desktop software.
- Open the downloaded file to start the SmartVault Install Wizard.
For Firefox Browsers:
- You'll first need to click Save File on the dialog box that opens after the download automatically begins.
- Then, after your download finishes, click the down arrow to access your recent downloads, locate SmartVaultSetup.exe, and click to run the installer.
For Chrome Browsers:
For Internet Explorer:
- When prompted, select Run for the SmartVaultSetup.exe file to run the installer.
Note: If the download does not start automatically, see this article to manually download the SmartVaultSetup.exe file. You'll first need to exit the Welcome to SmartVault window before you can manually download the SmartVault Desktop.
Install the SmartVault Desktop
- Once you run the downloaded file, the SmartVault installer wizard starts. Click Next to begin your installation.
- Click the checkbox to accept our terms of service and click Next.
- Click Browse if you need to select a path on your computer to which you want install the SmartVault Desktop. We recommend to use our default settings when installing SmartVault.
- Check each box to create shortcuts to each SmartVault application for easier access from your computer's desktop. Click Next.
- The automated installation begins after you supply this information, and when completed, click Finish to begin using SmartVault.
After you install SmartVault, we'll open the SmartVault Connected Desktop to survey the benefits of utilizing SmartVault's document management system. For tax customers, there are only a few setup steps remaining in which you'll give SmartVault access to your tax application. This allows you to fully experience how SmartVault's deep integration with Intuit's products allow you to automate most of your document management needs.