The SmartVault desktop software contains the following features:
SmartVault Connected Desktop
- Manage files directly from your desktop
- View, edit, scan, upload, and download files
- Access your files from SmartVault directly from your File Explorer window
SmartVault PDF Print Driver
- Convert any web page or document to PDF by printing it directly into SmartVault
- Route and tag documents before importing to SmartVault
Lacerte and Proseries Integrations
- Print and route documents from Lacerte/Proseries directly into your SmartVault account
Note: The SmartVault Desktop Application is only supported on Windows-based machines.
To install the SmartVault desktop software:
1. Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
2. Click the profile icon on the top right of the screen.
3. Click MS Windows under SmartVault Apps for.
4. Click Download SmartVault for Microsoft Windows.
5. Run the SmartVaultSetup.exe that has been downloaded to your Downloads folder.
6. Click Yes on the security warning that opens.
7. Follow the prompts on the SmartVault Install Wizard.
8. Accept the Terms of the license agreement and then click Next.
9. Choose the default product install path and then click Next.
Note: This should be located in your C:\ drive.
10. If you want to create desktop shortcuts for the SmartVault Connected Desktop, SmartVault Launchpad, SmartVault Portal, and the SmartVault Inbox on, select the Create desktop shortcut checkbox for each item you want to create a desktop shortcut for, and then click Next.
11. Click Finish to complete the installation.