The SmartVault Desktop Software enables you to use the many of the great features available on your account. Below is a quick view of what installing the desktop software will allow you to do:
- SmartVault Connected Desktop
- Manage files directly from your desktop
- View, Edit, Scan, Upload, Download files
- SmartVault Drive
- Access your files from SmartVault directly from your windows explorer window
- SmartVault PDF Print Driver
- Use the PDF print driver to convert any webpage or document to PDF by printing it directly into SmartVault
- Route and tag documents before importing to SmartVault
- Lacerte and Proseries Integrations
- Print and route documents from Lacerte/Proseries directly into your SmartVault account
Note: he SmartVault Desktop Application is only supported on Windows based machine. See system requirements for more details.
- Sign in the SmartVault Dashboard
- Click on the icon in the top right.
- Click on MS Windows under SmartVault Apps for
- Click on the Download SmartVault for Microsoft Windows button.
- Run the SmartVaultSetup.exe that has been downloaded to your Downloads folder.
- Follow the prompts on the installer.
- Click Yes on the security warning that opens.
- Follow the prompts The SmartVault Install Wizard opens. Review the welcome message, and then click Next.
- Choose the default Product install path: (it should be set to C:\ drive)
- If you want to create desktop shortcuts for the SmartVault Connected Desktop, SmartVault Launchpad, the SmartVault Portal, and the SmartVault Inbox on your computer’s desktop, select the Create desktop shortcut check box for each item you want to create a desktop shortcut for, and then click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.