Install the SmartVault Desktop Software
Also applies to non-tax accounting plans (screens may differ from below)
To get the complete SmartVault experience, you'll now need to install the SmartVault Desktop software. The SmartVault Desktop includes the following SmartVault applications:
- SmartVault Connected Desktop;
- SmartVault Inbox;
- SmartVault Drive;
- and the Import Data Utility.
There are other aspects of the SmartVault Desktop, but these applications are what you'll use most. in this guide we'll specifically focus on the SmartVault installation process. You can always learn about other SmartVault applications by searching our support site at support.smartvault.com.
1. Download the SmartVault.exe file
- When you sign into SmartVault portal, follow the steps below that reflects the view you are seeing.
2. Run the SmartVault.exe file
- Open the file SmartVaultSetup.exe that downloaded and click Run.
- Click Yes on the security warning that opens.
- The SmartVault Install Wizard opens. Review the welcome message, and then click Next.
- Select the I accept the terms of the License Agreement check box, and then click Next.
- Specify an installation folder for the SmartVault Desktop software, and then click Next.
- If you want to create desktop shortcuts for the SmartVault Connected Desktop, SmartVault Launchpad, the SmartVault Portal, and the SmartVault Inbox on your computer’s desktop, select the Create desktop shortcut check box for each item you want to create a desktop shortcut for, and then click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
After you install SmartVault, we'll open the SmartVault Connected Desktop to survey the benefits of utilizing SmartVault's document management system. For tax customers, there are only a few setup steps remaining in which you'll give SmartVault access to your tax application. This allows you to fully experience how SmartVault's deep integration with Intuit's products allow you to automate most of your document management needs.