SmartVault Administrators have full access to the SmartVault account. SmartVault Administrators can perform the following actions:
• Manage all vaults, folders, and documents in the account
• Share vaults and folders with other users, clients, and guests
• Add and remove users from the account
• Add QuickBooks or Reckon Accounts company files to SmartVault
• Custom-brand the SmartVault account
• View user activity in vaults and folders
• Manage billing
• Upgrade the account
Only SmartVault users assigned a User license can be members of this group. Users with a client or guest license cannot be members of this group. Adding a trusted staff member as an additional administrator is a fast and easy way to ensure that more than one person can create new Vaults and invite Vault Managers to your SmartVault account.
To add a user to the SmartVault Administrators group, perform the following steps below or follow along with the video:
2. In the Advanced view, in the left tree pane, select the SmartVault account you want to make the user a member.
3. In the right task pane, under Account Tasks, click Manage Administrators.
SmartVault displays a list of users who are currently members of the SmartVault Administrators group.
4. Click Add Member.
5. If you want to add an existing account user to the SmartVault Administrators group, select the check box in front of the existing account user’s name, and then click Add Selected Users.
6. If you want to make a new user who is not a member of the SmartVault account a member of the SmartVault Administrators group,click Invite User Not in List. Specify the user’s email address, an optional personal message, and then click Send Email.
SmartVault sends an email notification to the new user you just added to the SmartVault Administrators group. When the user clicks on the link in the email, they are prompted to create a SmartVault user ID. Once they create their SmartVault user ID, they are automatically signed in to SmartVault and can begin managing your account.
Additional administrators cannot remove access for the primary administrator (you), and you can remove them at any time.