Use the following steps to change the email address associated with your account. Since your email address also serves as your SmartVault user ID, the new email address you enter will also be your new SmartVault user ID when logging in. If you have used the new email address to sign up for any SmartVault logins, you will not be able to change your current email address to that one.
Note: An Administrator CANNOT modify a contact's name or email address once they have been invited to SmartVault. For security reasons, the client will have to login and modify their information following the steps listed below.
Note: In order to update your email address, your password must meet or exceed SmartVault's current minimum security requirements before you are able to change your email address. For example: if you created a SmartVault account several years ago using an 8-digit password and you now wish to change the email address associated with your SmartVault account, you will have to update your password to the current standard (12-digits minimum) before you can change the email address on your account.
To change your email address:
3. Under your current email address, click Change Email.
4. Enter your new email address in the field labeled “Update email to:”. Then, enter your current password in the field labeled “Reenter password”.
5. Click “Save Changes”.
6. An email will be sent to your new email address. You must confirm your new email address before any changes will be applied to your account.
7. When the email arrives, click on the confirmation link contained within.
8. After clicking the link, you will be taken to a login page with your new email address and a Success dialog box. Log in using your new email address with your password.
9. Your new email address is displayed in the My Info section of your account.
Your email address will not be changed until you click on the confirmation link in the email you receive. The email may take a few minutes to reach your Inbox. If you do not receive an email with a confirmation link, please contact Support here.
If you do not confirm your email address change by clicking the confirmation link in the email sent to your new email address, your My Info screen will not reflect the email address change. Your My Info screen will remind you to confirm your change and will display the email address used to mail you the confirmation link.