SmartVault Administrators can perform the following actions:
View which type of license (user, client, or guest) is associated with each user in the account.
- Change the type of license associated with a user in an account. For example, SmartVault Administrators can change the license associated with a user from:
- Guest to User, or from User to Guest
- Guest to a Client User
- Remove, or delete, users, clients, or guests from an account if the user, client, or guests should no longer have access to the SmartVault account.
To manage user licenses:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Select the account for which you want to manage licenses.
- In the right task pane, click Manage Licenses.
Note:You must be a SmartVault Administrator to manage licenses. If you don't see Manage Licenses, your SmartVault user ID is not a member of the SmartVault Administrators group for the account. For non-tax SmartVault plans, see this article for more information about adding a user to the SmartVault Administrators group. If you're using SmartVault for Tax Accounting, you'll set your employee user as an admin.
To change the type of license associated with a user:
- Select the appropriate tab for the user. For example, if you want to change a user’s license type from guest to user, select the Guests tab.
- Click Edit.
- Select the license type for the user, and then click Save.
To remove or delete a user license:
- Select the appropriate tab for the user. For example, if you want to remove a user associated with a guest license from your account, select the Guests tab.
- Click Remove, and then click OK.
Out of licenses? Needs to add something to your bill? Viewing and Making Changes to your Plan.