SmartVault Administrators can perform the following actions:
- View which type of license (user, client, or guest) is associated with each user in the account.
- Change the type of license associated with a user in an account. For example, SmartVault Administrators can change the license associated with a user from Guest to User, User to Guest, or Guest to a Client User.
- Remove, or delete, users, clients, or guests from an account if they should no longer have access to the SmartVault account.
Note: If you need additional licenses, see Viewing Usage Information and Making Changes to your Plan.
To manage user licenses:
1. Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
2. Under Manage Groups, click Licenses.
Note: You must be a SmartVault Administrator to manage licenses. For non-tax SmartVault plans, learn about adding a user to the SmartVault Administrators group. If you're using SmartVault for Tax Accounting, learn about setting your employee user as an admin.
To change the type of license associated with a user:
1. Select the appropriate tab for the user. For example, if you want to change a user’s license type from guest to user, select the Guests tab.
2. Click Edit.
3. Select the license type for the user, and then click Save.
To remove or delete a user license:
1. Select the appropriate tab for the user. For example, if you want to remove a user associated with a guest license from your account, select the Guests tab.
2. Click Remove, and then click OK.