This page will give you a basic overview of how to use the "Get Signature" feature from within the SmartVault Connected Desktop once you have completed the DocuSign integration. If you need help with a specific DocuSign feature, please login to your DocuSign account or visit their online training center: DocuSign University.
Please Note: You must complete the integration with SmartVault before you begin the steps listed below. Click on the following links for those instructions:
- Integrate an existing DocuSign account with SmartVault.
- Create a new DocuSign trial account and integrate it with SmartVault.
- Open the Connected Desktop and find a PDF, Word, or Text document you would like to get signed.
- Left-click on the document and then either left-click on the Get Signature button in the menu or right-click on the document and select Get Signature from the drop-down menu.
- A new web browser window will open and you will be taken to the Send a Document page within your RightSignature account. Complete the sections highlighted below and click on Next Step when done.
- Document Overview: allows you to preview the pages of the document, it's file size, etc.
- Select Signers of Document: type in the name(s) and email address(es) of the people you would like to sign the document.
- Email instructions to Signers: create the subject and body of the email message that will be sent to the the signers of the document
- Document Options: you can require a KBP or Knowledge-Based Password authentication for Form 8878 or Form 8879, force signers to sign in order, by a certain deadline, allow for typed signatures, etc.
- On the Document Overlay page you decide where each person must sign to complete the document. Complete the sections highlighted below and click on Send for Signature when done.
- An email will be sent to your client(s) from RightSignature requesting that they sign the document. Each signer simply clicks on the link in the email to be taken to the document.
- Each signer clicks on the highlighted "REQUIRED" sections to sign, date stamp, or insert credit card information as needed. Once all required sections are complete, the Submit Signature button will no longer be grayed out and clicking it will send the document back to RightSignature as complete or pass the document to the next signer via email as needed.
- The signed and completed document is now available in RightSignature and the account holder will receive a notification from RightSignature that the process is complete.
- The signed document is also pushed to the same folder within SmartVault from which the Get Signature process was started.
- The signed document will have the same name and will replace the original unsigned version.
- Use Version History within SmartVault to revert to the unsigned version or check when the signature was completed
- Depending on who submitted the document to be signed you may not receive an upload notification from SmartVault, but you can see if the document has been updated by checking the Modified On column in the Connected Desktop
- The Activity Log within the SmartVault Dashboard and Portal will show you when a document was submitted for signature and when the signed document was uploaded to SmartVault. (see below image)
For additional information on RightSignature regarding training, pricing, and features, please login to your RightSignature account or visit their website: rightsignature.com. RightSignature has also provided a short video of the "Send a Document" for signature process available here: Sending a Document