This page will give you a basic overview of how to add a KBA to an Envelope in DocuSign. Click here if you would like more information on DocuSign Envelopes and KBAs. If you need help with a specific DocuSign feature, please login to your DocuSign account or visit their online training center: DocuSign University.
Please Note: You must complete the integration with SmartVault before you begin the steps listed below. Click on the following links for those instructions:
- Open the Connected Desktop and find a PDF, Word, or Text document you would like to get signed.
- Left-click on the document and then either left-click on the Get Signature button in the menu or right-click on the document and select Get Signature from the drop-down menu.
- A new web browser window will open and you will be taken to DocuSign.
- Click on the Recipients Drop Down on the top left of the page as shown in the screen below.
- Click Edit Recipients from the drop down menu.
- Click on More next to the name of the recipient who's identity needs to be verified.
- Click Add Access Authentication
- Under "Select access authentication". select Knowledge Based from the drop down menu then click on Done.
- Send the request for signature through DocuSign and your Recipient will receive the request via email. When the recipient clicks on the link to sign, they will be given a screen similar to the one below: