This article will show you how to use the SmartVault "Get Signature" feature with DocuSign. Before using the "Get Signature" feature, please integrate your DocuSign account with SmartVault.
Requesting a Signature
Once you have integrated SmartVault with Docusign,
- Open the SmartVault Connected Desktop.
- Right-click on a file and select Get Signature from the drop-down menu -or-
Left-click a file and click on the "Get Signature" button near the top right corner.
- If prompted, "Sign In" to your SmartVault account or DocuSign account.
- The DocuSign editing window will load the file you selected in the Connected Desktop. For more details, click here.
- When you are finished editing the document and selecting your recipient in DocuSign, click "Send" on the top right hand corner.
Recipient's Experience - Signing a Document
- The recipient will receive an email from DocuSign stating that you have requested a signature from them.
- After they complete and sign the document, you will receive an email from DocuSign and SmartVault confirming the document has been signed and returned to your SmartVault account.
- The signed document is then sent back to DocuSign. DocuSign will send the signed copy to your SmartVault account and the original document will be updated to reflect the new document that has been signed. You will also notice that the document will now have a new "Modified On" date and time.