This page will give you a basic overview of how to use the "Get Signature" feature from within the SmartVault Connected Desktop once you have completed the DocuSign integration. If you need help with a specific DocuSign feature, please login to your DocuSign account or visit their online training center: DocuSign University.
Please Note: You must complete the integration with SmartVault before you begin the steps listed below. Click on the following links for those instructions:
- Integrate an existing DocuSign account with SmartVault.
- Create a new DocuSign trial account and integrate it with SmartVault.
- Log in to your SmartVault account.
- Go to "Files and Folders" view and find a PDF, Word, or Text document you would like to get signed.
- Click on the (Get signature) icon on the right hand side.
- The DocuSign editing window will load the file you selected in the SmartVault Dashboard. For more details, click here
- When you are finished editing the document and selecting your recipient in DocuSign, click "Send" on the top right hand corner.
Recipient's Experience - Signing a Document
- The recipient will receive an email from DocuSign stating that you have requested a signature from them.
- After they complete and sign the document, you will receive an email from DocuSign and SmartVault confirming the document has been signed and returned to your SmartVault account.
- The signed document is then sent back to DocuSign. DocuSign will send the signed copy to your SmartVault account and the original document will be updated to reflect the new document that has been signed. You will also notice that the document will now have a new "Modified On" date and time