You can only add a company file to a SmartVault account if you are a Vault Manager or an Account Administrator
These instructions are relevant if you are signed into the Dashboard view of the portal. For instructions from the Advanced View, click here.
- Sign in to the SmartVault portal and click the user settings icon in the upper right hand of the screen.
- Click QuickBooks Online link under SmartVault Apps for section.
- Select either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer options and follow the instructions on the screen. (Chrome is recommended; Firefox is not currently supported)
- Once installed on Chrome, click the SmartVault icon in the upper right hand corner of your browser. This will open a tab with instructions to authorize SmartVault with your company file.
- Follow the instructions on the Authorization page to start the SmartVault QuickStart wizard.
- When prompted, enter the company file name. This will be the display name in SmartVault.
- When prompted to Add Company, you will need to select the vault where you want the QBO integration and the attached documents to reside. This is usually a client vault. If the client vault does not exist, switch back to the SmartVault Dashboard tab and create the client vault. Then return to this page and refresh to select the vault.
- Now that SmartVault is aware of the company file, we need to complete the integration by clicking on the Connect button on the next tab that opens up. (you may also see a yellow box drop down that reminds you to complete the connection in QBO)
- After it is finished go back to your QuickBooks Online tab and start using the SmartVault toolbar.
- On the far right side, you will the SmartVault toolbar when you go open a supported transaction.