There a few reasons why the SmartVault Toolbar is missing when you open your company file in your QuickBooks desktop application. Here are some symptoms that you may be experiencing.
- You are receiving the following error "The QuickBooks SDK has failed to register the SmartVault user interface extension".
- I don't seen an error, but the SmartVault toolbar is just not displaying.
- It was displaying before but is not longer there.
Our support team recommends the following steps to get the SmartVault toolbar back, in this order. Let's check a few things first.
- Verify that the scaling option Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays is enabled.
- Verify QuickBooks is integrated with SmartVault, correct if needed. (How-to)
- Check if QuickBooks is running in the background and disable if needed. (for 2011 and later versions of QuickBooks)
- Manually run the Fix QuickBooks Registration utility in the SmartVault system tray. (Must be local administrator and ensure that if you're on a hosted or shared server all other SmartVault users are not connected.
- Register the QuickBooks dlls by running the reboot.bat utility in QuickBooks.