Chances are your SmartVault for Windows Desktop Client (WDC) is out-of-date. Follow the steps below to update to WDC Version 188.8.131.5233 or later.
SmartVault released an updated version of the WDC in April of 2018 to comply with new PCI Data Security Standards. Anyone trying to connect to SmartVault via an older version of the WDC will see the following "No network connection" error when they try to Sign In:
You will still be able to access your SmartVault account from a web browser, but you will not be able to use the Connected Desktop or any of the other tools available through the WDC until you've updated.
Please Note: If you are using SmartVault in a hosted environment, you will need to contact your cloud hosting provider (Right Networks, CloudNine, InsynQ, Swizznet, etc.) and ask them to update the SmartVault for Windows Desktop Client for you.
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad.
- Right-click on the grayed-out SmartVault Taskbar Icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen
- Select Check for updates... in the resulting pop-up menu.
- The SmartVault Updater should indicate that your version of SmartVault is out-of-date. The update will automatically download.
- Click OK to install the update and then follow the installation wizard's instructions to complete the installation of the update.
- If you are still seeing the "No network connection" Error after you have updated the WDC, please do the following: