In Lacerte, you can set SmartVault to be a default print option when printing tax returns. After following these steps, you will no longer need to manually check the SmartVault option when printing your clients' tax returns.
- Open Lacerte 2014 and click Settings>Options.
- In the User Options window, with the Setup tab active, click Complete Return - SV.
- Choose Yes for each type of tax return for which you want SmartVault to be a default print option.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- When printing a client's tax return, SmartVault is now checked by default as a print option for each tax return type you chose in the default settings.