This article will assist in changing the primary contact on an account.
Follow some or all of these steps to change the Primary Contact on the account:
- Sign into the SmartVault client portal as an account Administrator . (If you have only one user in the account, you may have to add another administrator to the account to complete the remaining steps.)
- Click the Account Name on the left .
- To change the Primary Contact/Owner of the account right-click on the blue globe icon and click View Properties.
- At the pull down box that says Primary Contact select your new user to make them the primary contact.
At this point you may be done, but proceed to step 5 if you want to remove the old primary contact as an administrator.
Removing the previous Primary Contact:
- If you are logged in as the old Primary Contact, log out.
- Log in as another administrator, or the new Primary Contact.
- Right-Click the Account Name on the left .
- Select Manage Administrators.
- Locate the Administrator you would like to remove, and click Remove.
- To remove the Administrator from the account completely, click Manage Licenses, locate the Administrator on the User tab, and click Remove.
If you are just looking for how to add a new admin to your account, follow this link: Add an Additional Administrator
There are several reasons you may need to transfer ownership of a SmartVault Account.
- You may want one of your current administrators to receive notifications and status alerts for the account instead.
- You may be transferring your account to new owner because you hired a new admin or have sold your business.
- You may be the administrator of the account, but want to change your email address.
- You may want to change the primary contact because you want to remove the existing primary contact from your account.