This article will explain how to resolve the issue with LaCerte or ProSeries printing a duplicate blank client when printing a tax return.
When printing from Lacerte or ProSeries, SmartVault is expecting various pieces of information, such as Tax Type (Individua, S-Corp, Partnership, etc), Client Name and Client ID. However in this case, Lacerte and ProSeries is failing to provide the client name to SmartVault so SmartVault cannot produce a client with its name and therefore just uses the information given which is Tax Type and Client ID. SmartVault support has escalated this issue to Intuit and are working with them to find the root cause of this problem and hopefully solve it once and for all.
In the meantime we have provided a workaround below.
- Update to the latest release of Lacerte or ProSeries software.
- Exit the SmartVault Desktop software by locating the arrow pointing upward on the bottom right of your screen close to the time and date (See screen shot below). Right-Click and choose Exit to completely close out of SmartVault.
- Open the Connected Desktop
- Search for the Individual Client that printed to SmartVault in the Connected Desktop.
- Right-Click and Delete the client entirely one by one if there are multiple clients.
- Now Re-Print the client from LaCerte or ProSeries to SmartVault as you normally would.
Last Resort Option
If the behavior persists for the same client, we recommend using the SmartVault Data Import Tool to import the clients.
These instructions on how to resolve this issue were provided Intuit. Please contact our support team for further assistance through LiveChat, email, or phone support.