Sometimes you may have to remove some QuickBooks/QBO, Xero or FreshBooks company files from your account because,
- While evaluating SmartVault you added a test company file to the account and consumed a license.
- You may have inadvertently added a company file that is not the most current company file.
- You didn't realize you were adding the company file, and you really didn't want to add it.
- You need to make room for additional company files or release a company license on your account.
Remove company files and free up licenses in your account. To remove a company file from the account, you must have either Vault Manager or Administrative privileges.
- Sign in to the SmartVault Dashboard and go into the Files & Folders view.
- Select the account that contains the company file you want to remove from SmartVault and then browse to the Vault that contains the company file you want to remove.
- In the Application Folder, expand the software folder (QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, etc.) and then select the company file you want to remove by putting an "X" in the box next to the company file name.
- Click on the "trash can" or icon to delete the company file.
- Attach documents to QuickBooks entries using the SmartVault Toolbar
- View documents and notes associated with QuickBooks entries
- Share documents attached to QuickBooks entries with others
- Back up or restore a QuickBooks company file using SmartVault