This topic reviews the various tabs of the User Settings dialog.
Accessing the User Settings dialog
- Open the Launchpad by double-clicking on the SmartVault Launchpad desktop shortcut
or by right-clicking on the SmartVault icon in the Windows Taskbar in the bottom right corner of your Windows Desktop and selecting SmartVault Launchpad from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the green text "SmartVault User Settings" to modify your settings.
- Check "Remember my user name" to let SmartVault automatically sign you in when the SmartVault for Windows Desktop Client loads.
- Toolbar settings allow you to customize the background color of the toolbar. If you use the default setting, it will match your current Windows theme.
- Auto Adjust image brightness
- Auto select feeder when ready
- Enable duplex scanning
- Enable use of document feeder
- Show the native status window (third party scanner software)
- Show the native scanning windows (third party scanner software)
- Invert black & white images
The "Advanced" button at the bottom of the page allows you to control how the default settings of the SmartVault TWAIN driver. It is usually best to leave these settings alone unless you are experiencing an issue not solved by selecting the different checkboxes under the Options section of the Scanners tab.
- Automatically create and send backups without prompting
- Automatically accept and upload a scanned document
Use this tab to allow SmartVault to integrate with or import data from:
- Intuit ProSeries
- Intuit Lacerte
- Intuit DMS
- .CSV files
Note: Depending on your SmartVault Plan, not all product extension types may be available.
Various settings that many improve Launchpad performance and stability:
- Use subdomain routing
Note: We recommend calling SmartVault Customer Support before changing any setting under the Advanced tab.