When you attempt to open a QuickBooks company file you recieve the following error:
Error: COMException (0×80040402): This application is not allowed to login automatically. Check the qbsdklog.txt file for possible additional information.
Error: COMException (0x80040430): This application is unable to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically; the QuickBooks Administrator can grant permission through the Integrated Applications preferences.
Error: 0x8004041D This application is not allowed to log into this QuickBooks company data file displays when you try and open a QuickBooks company file that has been added to SmartVault.
To resolve this issue, configure QuickBooks to accept automatic logins from the SmartVault Desktop software.
To configure QuickBooks to accept automatic logins from the SmartVault Desktop software:
Note: To ensure you are in single-user mode in QuickBooks, click File and verify that the Switch to Multi-user Mode option displays in the File menu. If the Switch to Single User Mode option displays in the File menu, you are in multi-user mode. Click Switch to Single-user mode to switch to single-user mode.
Note: If your SmartVault Desktop software has been upgraded from a version prior to SmartVault 3.0, you may need to modify both instances of SmartVault in the Integrated Applications dialog box.
- Right-click on the SmartVault icon in the system tray, and then click Exit.
- Open QuickBooks and log in as Admin in single user mode.
- In QuickBooks, on the Edit menu, click Preferences.
- In the left pane, click Integrated Applications.
- On the Company Preferences tab, select SmartVault, and then click Properties.
- Select the Yes, always; allow even if QuickBooks is not running check box, and choose Admin as the Login user.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
- Close the QuickBooks company file.
- Click on Start > Programs > SmartVault > SmartVault.
- Open the QuickBooks company file as a non-Admin user.