‘Transfer failed” message when scanning from the flatbed of a TWAIN Compliant scanner
Error: Exception: System.ApplicationException: Transfer failed.
This error message will typically display if you are using a TWAIN-compliant scanner and you select the WIA driver in the Scanner drop-down list when you try to perform one of the following tasks:
- Scan and attach a document to a QuickBooks entry using the SmartVault Toolbar
- Scan and upload a document to SmartVault using the SmartVault Inbox
Once you’ve verified you have a TWAIN compliant scanner and can scan directly to your desktop, try modifying some of your SmartVault scanner settings to resolve the issue by completing the following steps:
- Click the SmartVault Launchpad icon on your desktop or open it from the Programs folder.
- Sign in and click SmartVault User Settings.
- In the User Options click the Scanners tab and select your scanner and in the in the Options box, select:
- Show the native status window check box.
- Show the native scanning window check box.
- Click the Advanced button, and then in the Image Transfer Mode field, select Native from the drop-down list.
- Click Close, and then click OK.
Try scanning the document again. The error message should no longer display.