If you're having trouble printing to SmartVault from Lacerte or ProSeries, here are some diagnostic steps that will help either resolve the issue, or help us to determine more details about your issue.
During tax season there are many updates from Lacerte / Proseries. These updates will sometimes break the integration between SmartVault and the tax software. The fastest way to fix this is to Restart your computer. If the restart does not work, proceed to the following steps below.
- Click the link below and open the file that downloads to install the fix . The repair tool also works for ProSeries.
Click here → Lacerte PDF Repair Tool
Once downloaded to your computer, browse to the folder where the file downloaded and right click and select "Run as Administrator...". After it has completed, press any key on your keyboard to close the tool.
- Open the SmartVault LaunchPad and click on [SmartVault User Settings]
- Within the SmartVault User Settings, click on the Extensions tab as shown below:
- Un-Check all 4 years for LaCerte or ProSeries (choose which ever one you are using) and Click OK.
- Exit the SmartVault Desktop software by locating the arrow pointing upward on the bottom right of your screen close to the time and date (See screen shot below). Right-Click and choose Exit to completely close out of SmartVault.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and the letter E at the same time to bring up the File Explorer. In the screen shot below, type in %appdata% and hit Enter on your keyboard (Click on image below to expand if needed).
- Double-click on the SmartVault folder and double-click the Cache folder.
- Delete all of the folders and files located in this folder.
- Open LaCerte 2016 or ProSeries 2016 first so that you can sign into ProConnect. Once signed in, you may proceed to open SmartVault.
- Re-open the SmartVault Launchpad and click User Settings as mentioned in Step 3 and Step 4. Click on the Extensions tab once again and Re-Check all 4 years for LaCerte or ProSeries and Click OK.
- Open Lacerte or ProSeries and select a client's tax return to print.
If the print job is successful, you should see a pop up window on the bottom right hand of your screen affirming "Upload is Complete", or you can sign into the SmartVault client portal and navigate to your client's tax return folder to verify that the tax return printed to SmartVault.
*If the print job is still not successful, please contact SmartVault Customer Support by submitting a ticket.
* These are the default instructions provided by Intuit to resolve most printing issues with their Lacerte and Proseries tax software.