User receives the following error message during a SmartVault Update or an update has previously failed.
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Unknown error (0xffffffff)
This error indicates that SmartVault was still running when an update was update was attempted, or previously attempted update has failed.
To resolve the issue, follow the steps in this section.
1. Close QuickBooks and exit SmartVault (right click on the SmartVault icon in the systray and select Exit).
2. Open the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features).
3. Select SmartVault in the list and click Uninstall or Remove.
4. Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation.
1. Open a browser and go to www.smartvault.com.
2. Click Login and enter your credentials.
3. Click the Download SmartVault Desktop link in the Resources pane on the right.
4. Follow the prompts to download and run the installation package.
5. Complete the installation wizard.
6. Click the SmartVault Launcpad icon on your desktop and signin if prompted.