If you receive an email notification indicating someone unexpectedly downloaded a file or folder or a large number of files and folders in your account, you might be concerned that someone may have hacked into your account.
Viewing a document either in the SmartVault Portal or the SmartVault Drive is effectively downloading the file and is logged as such in SmartVault which generates a notification. Some reasons why files are opened:
- The file may have been opened intentionally or unintentionally by the specific user.
- The file or folders may have been scanned by your A/V software through the SmartVault drive.
- Verify with the user that the user has not viewed the file, intentionally or unintentionally.
- Have the user change their SmartVault password in case it has been compromised, to disable access with the old password.
- Disable "scan Network drive" option in your AntiVirus software.