Absolutely! However SmartVault does not support or provide any customized buttons that are premade because it may require customized advanced coding and a custom made sized image to fit your site and color scheme. Your web designer does have the ability to design a customized button for your website so that you can use it to link directly to your custom SmartVault URL.
SmartVault requires an outside link to prevent problems if your main website is hacked. By requiring links with redirection to our secure site, we prevent any security issues arising from the firm's main site; this practice stops security issues such as the capture of SmartVault usernames or passwords.
Please Note: Only Administrator Users can customize the URL for the SmartVault account. Create your own custom URL first so that you have a link to provide to your web designer. Follow the steps instructed below.
- Sign-In to your SmartVault Dashboard
- Click on the in the top right of the page as shown below:
- Select Custom Branding as show in the screen shot below.
- Subdomains should be the first option you customize for your portal. Here you must specify a subdomain name for your portal:
• For example, yourcompany.smartvault.com as shown in this example below for EZ Taxes as a sub domain.
• Type in your subdomain that you want and click the button to confirm.
- Once you have added the URL, the full URL is listed with https:// in the beginning. Our example mentioned above would like the one below:
- Now you can provide your own URL to your web designer so that they can use this to link your button from your site to the SmartVault portal.
Please Note: If you are using the SmartVault Portal, follow the steps below to continue on Step 4 above:
- Sign-In to your SmartVault Portal
- Right-Click on the blue globe icon.
- Select Customize Branding... as show in the screen shot below.