You can open a file while using the Connected Desktop, and the file will open in the default program you have set on your computer to open that type of file. You can then view, edit, and save the file without the need to manually download the file from SmartVault. Any changes you make and save to the file while working with the file in the Connected Desktop are automatically saved to the file in SmartVault as well.
Open a File with the Default Program
Open a File with Program You Choose
- Locate the file to open in the Connected Desktop.
- Right click on the file and hover over the Open with option to expand the menu.
(The choices in this list are dependent on the file type you are trying to open and the programs you have installed on your computer.)
- Click Choose Program... if you don't see the program you are looking for in the list.
- The Choose Program dialog box opens to display a list of programs on your computer that can open the file. This box will appear differently depending on which version of Windows you are running. The list of programs will greatly vary depending on what programs you have installed.
- Select the program from this list to open the file.