|Applies to: |
SmartVault Tax and Accounting plans
We understand some customers may have a rather large list of clients, some of whom are inactive/deceased/retired. This should not disrupt your workflow in the Connected Desktop, because we do not recommend scrolling through the Clients container to find a client. Instead, we recommend filtering and then searching to find what you're looking for.
However, there is a method for archiving clients and removing them from your view of Clients in the Connected Desktop, all the while keeping them in your SmartVault account.
- Open the Connected Desktop and click on the Files tab,
- Right-click the Firm container in the left pane and create a vault called Inactive Clients.
- Open the SmartVault Drive from the Launchpad.
- Line up the Drive window on the left and the Connected Desktop (Files View) window on the right.
- Expand your SmartVault Drive to the Clients container.
- Right-click each client you want to archive and select Copy.
- Navigate to the center pane of the new Inactive Clients vault. Right-click and select Paste.
- After the data is transferred, only then should you delete the client vault from the SmartVault Drive or the Connected Desktop (Clients View).
- You can refer to the data in the Inactive Clients vault from the Files tab in the Connected Desktop or from the Portal.