You can print Client Organizers in Lacerte directly to SmartVault. Client Organizers are then routed to the respective client’s tax engagement depending on the version of Lacerte you are using.
For example, if you print Client Organizers from Lacerte 2015, they will be automatically routed to your client's TY16 Client Organizer folder in SmartVault. Regardless of the version of Lacerte you are using (Lacerte 2014 or later), the process of printing tax organizers to SmartVault is the same.
To print Lacerte Tax Organizers into SmartVault:
1. Open your prior year's version of Lacerte and click the Organizers icon just below the main menu bar.
2. You may be prompted to import your organizer options or preferences from the previous year. You can select the agree to import or skip option, and then click OK.
3. Click Print Paper Organizer.
4. Select the kind of organizer you would like to print (Complete, Condensed, etc.).
5. Select one or more of your clients for which you would like to print organizers and click Print.
6. Enable the SmartVault checkbox and click OK.
Note: You can also print to your physical printer if you wish, but do not enable the DNS checkbox.