With the Canon P-215II and Canon P-208II CaptureOnTouch software, the SmartVault shortcut is preconfigured and automatically implemented. SmartVault detects which active window is open and will scan to that window. If no windows are open, and you select the SmartVault shortcut from the CaptureOnTouch software, the SmartVault Inbox will open by default.
- Open Connected Desktop and navigate to the client and folder to which you're uploading documents.
- Right click on the folder and select Scan.
- Keep the Scan Document window open, and now open the CaptureOnTouch software.
- Select the type of document you're scanning.
- Then, select the SmartVault shortcut.
- Click Scan in the CaptureOnTouch software.
- The scanned document appears in a new window. Here, you can verify the output settings to SmartVault by clicking the pencil icon, you can scan additional pages to add to this scan job, or you can click Finish to move to the next step.
- Depending on which SmartVault tools you currently have open, a dialog window appears asking for the destination of your scan. Click on Connected Desktop.
- The scanned document appears in the Scan Document window within Connected Desktop.
- Edit the scanned document if needed.
- Edit the name and description if needed.
- Click Save and the scanned document is uploaded to SmartVault.