You can use a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner to scan documents into SmartVault using the Connected Desktop with the touch of a button.
- Create your ScanSnap scanner profiles for SmartVault.
- Right click on your ScanSnap icon in the system tray and select Scan Button Settings.
If your scanner is not plugged in, the icon will appear with a red no symbol around it. Your scanner must have a connection to be used with Connected Desktop.
- Under Profile, select SmartVault Toolbar, then click Apply and then OK.
- Open Connected Desktop.
- Click on a client and then right click on a folder within the client's vault. Click Scan.
- When the Scan Document window opens, feed the document into your scanner and press the Scan button on your ScanSnap scanner.
- Depending on which SmartVault tools you currently have open, a dialog window appears asking for the destination of your scan. Click on Connected Desktop.
- The scanned document appears in the Scan Document window. Edit the name, description, or pages and click Save.