You can send a file to any active employees on your SmartVault account. Employees on your account will automatically appear as choices in the menu, however, you can also check which of your employees have accounts in your SmartVault account under the Manage Licenses... option in the client portal. For more information, see Manage or Change User License Type. To invite an employee to your SmartVault account, see Invite an Employee to a SmartVault Tax Plan.
Sending a file using this process creates a new email using your default email application—for most Windows users this will be Outlook. The message will include an automatically generated subject, message, and link to the file in the SmartVault client portal. The email address will automatically fill using the email address stored for your employee.
- Locate the file you want to send to your employee in the Connected Desktop.
- Right click on the file and hover over the Send to option to expand the menu.
- Hover over the Employee option to expand the menu and view your employees.
- Select the employee you want to send the file to.
- A new email opens in your default email application. The email is automatically completed and you can click Send without making any changes.