The SmartVault Desktop client application provides a connection between your computer and the SmartVault Portal. Click here to see a list of components that are enabled with the desktop client for Windows. If you use Quickbooks Online, Xero, or Freshbooks customers, you'll need the SmartVault Browser Extension.
Before installing SmartVault Desktop Client, see the SmartVault System Requirements.
- Login the Dashboard
- Once logged in, click on the silhouette icon in the top right.
- From the Apps and Marketplace menu, click the MS Windows as shown below:
- Click on the Download SmartVault for Microsoft Windows
- Double click on the SmartVault.exe file that is downloaded to your Downloads folder.
(If you see an Open File - Security Warning dialog, click Open or Run)
- When the Install Wizard opens, review the welcome message and follow the prompts.
- Specify an installation folder on your local machine (or you can leave the options alone by default), then click Next.
- Follow the remaining prompts in the wizard and click Finish to complete the installation.
- Have your hosting provider install the SmartVault Desktop software in your hosted environment for you. SmartVault employees do not have administrator access required to install in a hosting environment.
- You will also need to install the SmartVault Desktop software on your local computer as well if you want to use the SmartVault Drive or the SmartVault Inbox to scan and upload documents.