The SmartVault Desktop software provides a connection between your computer and the SmartVault Portal. Below are a list of components that are enabled with the desktop client for Windows.
If you use Quickbooks Online, Xero, or Freshbooks customers, you'll need the SmartVault Browser Extension.
1. Download the SmartVault.exe file
- When you sign into SmartVault portal, follow the steps below that reflects the view you are seeing.
2. Run the SmartVault.exe file
- Open the file SmartVaultSetup.exe that downloaded and click Run.
- Click Yes on the security warning that opens.
- The SmartVault Install Wizard opens. Review the welcome message, and then click Next.
- Select the I accept the terms of the License Agreement check box, and then click Next.
- Specify an installation folder for the SmartVault Desktop software, and then click Next.
- If you want to create desktop shortcuts for the SmartVault Connected Desktop, SmartVault Launchpad, the SmartVault Portal, and the SmartVault Inbox on your computer’s desktop, select the Create desktop shortcut check box for each item you want to create a desktop shortcut for, and then click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
Please Note: If you work in a hosting environment, read the following.
- Have your hosting provider install the SmartVault Desktop software in your hosted environment for you. We at SmartVault may not have administrator access that it requires for the installation to run through because every hosting environment is configured differently on how permissions are set for you. Please contact your hosting provider for details on how to get this software installed.
- You will also need to install the SmartVault Desktop software on your local computer as well if you want to use the SmartVault Drive to upload documents to your portal or use the SmartVault Inbox to scan and upload documents into your hosted environment.