Connected Desktop lets you work with the documents you store in SmartVault without the need to manually upload and download the files to make changes. From the Connected Desktop, you can open and view files, edit files, and even print files without the need to download the file to your computer; you can even choose the program which which to open your file.
Open a File with Connected Desktop
Edit a File and Save to Connected Desktop
- Locate the file you want to edit in Connected Desktop and open the file.
- Using the program that opens the file, make changes to your file.
- Save the file using the program that opened the file.
• When using a program in Microsoft Office, for example, you can click File>Save or click the Save icon in the Quick Access Toolbar.
- The saved changes are automatically made to the file in SmartVault. You can check by reopening the file from Connected Desktop.
Print a Document from Connected Desktop
- Select the file you want to print in the Document View pane.
- Right click on the file and select print.
(Alternatively, you can left click on the file and click the Print button on the Document View toolbar.)
- If the file is an image file, you may see this window:
Make your setting choices and click Print to finish printing your image.