SmartVault uses folder templates to create folders in your account. Folder templates only apply to those folders that are automatically created for actions such as adding a client, creating a new engagement, or adding an employee. You can add a folder that to a folder template.
For this example, we'll add a folder to the Accounting Client template. All of your clients will receive this new folder—both existing clients and clients you add.
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- For this example, we are going to add a folder to all of our clients. Here are the folders as they appear before the change.
- Right click on your account and select View Dashboard.
- Click Manage Folder Templates.
- You have several templates by default. For this example, we're editing the template that creates clients. Click on View and edit templates for the Accounting Client template.
- The template displays the folders that SmartVault uses when you add a client to your SmartVault account. For our example we'll add a folder under the client vault. Click the gear icon next to the client vault and select New folder.
- A new folder is added under the client vault and is named New Folder. Click on the gear icon next to this folder and select Edit folder.
- Under Name, rename the folder.
- Under Access, set the groups who can access this folder and the level of access each group should receive. Click the + icon to add a group, and click each checkbox to set what the group can access.
- Click the icon to Save changes once you have confirmed what access you want to give.
- Click the icon to Save changes once again on the Template page to save your new folder structure.
- Enter a description of the change you made. In our example we enter "Added a Personal Folder to the Accounting Client template". Check the Apply now box if you'd like SmartVault to make the changes to your folders immediately. Click OK.
- After some time, all of your clients will update to reflect the changes you made.